President’s Picks: Christmas gifts to create new family traditions
Christmas is just around the corner, and I think we’re all anticipating that our celebrations will look and feel different this year. Large family gatherings may be replaced by smaller ones that are household only, and our tradition of candlelit Christmas Eve church services will likely take place virtually – and yet it’s still Christmas!
This unprecedented year might help us meditate on that very first Christmas when Christ was born: humble, quiet and in the company of immediate family, rejoicing in the new hope found in the Saviour’s birth.
Though our gatherings will be small, they can still be rich and memorable. A smaller-scale Christmas can be a wonderful time for families to share and reflect together. I’m a big fan of Radio Theatre, and we have some classic stories available in CD and digital format. Perhaps one of these selections could help your family start a new Christmas tradition!
Although you may have read these timeless stories before, they have new life breathed into them in our Radio Theatre format.
- A Christmas Carol (Digital | CD)
- Anne of Green Gables (Digital | CD)
- Father Gilbert Mysteries (10-CD set)
We’ve all probably heard of these famous names, but I always love learning more about the real people behind them.
- Amazing Grace: The inspirational stories of William Wilberforce, John Newton and Olaudah Equiano (Digital | CD)
- Bonhoeffer: The cost of freedom (Digital | CD)
- The Hiding Place: The acclaimed story of Corrie Ten Boom (Digital | CD)
C.S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia
Stay up to date with the Focus on the Family