Tips for hosting your tween's friendsWritten by T. Suzanne Eller
Tweens can be chaotic, messy, ravenous and loud, so here are some ways to prepare for their visit:
- Expectations. Discuss guidelines with your tween, and communicate those expectations to your houseguests.
- Activities. Buy one game or appropriate movie each month to build an entertainment library that is appropriate for this age group.
- Separate snacks. Designate a cabinet and stock with inexpensive drinks and snacks. Kids love to eat.
- Mess. Have your tweens clean up after company leaves. Soon your kids will ask their friends to clean up after themselves.
- Chaperones. Be there! But allow your tweens time to interact as you continue your normal activities. This gives tweens the security of an adult’s presence, but also the freedom to have fun with each other.
If you liked this article and would like to go deeper, we have some helpful resources below.Our recommended resources
Join our newsletter
Advice for every stage of life delivered straight to your inbox