President’s Picks: Launch into the Teen Years
Of all the different stages of parenting, the teen years can be one of the least predictable and most challenging. During this season, we need all the help we can get! That’s why I’m so excited about this interactive series that can help parents and preteens get a head start as they work through the study together.
Launch into the Teen Years is a dynamic video-based program created by Focus on the Family to get you and your preteen talking about how to make great decisions and prepare for those crucial years.
The program contains six video sessions, available as digital downloads. The titles and topics of the sessions are:
- Who am I? – How God sees the true you
- The one about family, friends and enemies – BFFs and boy-girl relationships
- Of memes and meanies – Bullies, criticism and voices worth listening to
- Bodies, sex and stuff – God created you
- What’s happening to my body? – Puberty and relationships
- The big talk – God’s design for sex
Through these six engaging video sessions, viewers follow the experiences of eight young preteens at a camp as they’re taken through various activities and challenges related to each session topic.
The interactive kit also includes:
- A parent’s guide
- A journal for your child to keep
- Key code access to the video content
- Tips on engaging with your preteen, along with questions and activities that will encourage thoughtful consideration and discussion
Launch into the Teen Years is available through our online store. Order it today, and get an early start with your preteen, as you prepare to navigate the exciting and challenging teen years together!
Stay up to date with the Focus on the Family