- Collection of Information
- Account Registration
- Shopping Cart Identification
- Restrictions on Use of our Online Materials
- Limitation of Liability
- Links to other sites
We sometimes provide referrals to and links to other World Wide Web sites from our sites. Such a link should not be seen as an endorsement, approval or agreement with any information or resources offered at sites you can access through our sites. If in doubt, always check the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address provided in your WWW browser to see if you are still in a Focus on the Family Canada-operated site or have moved to another site. Focus on the Family Canada is not responsible for the content or practices of third party sites that may be linked to our sites. When Focus on the Family Canada provides links or references to other Web sites, no inference or assumption should be made and no representation should be inferred that Focus on the Family Canada is connected with, operates or controls these Web sites. Any approved link must not represent in any way, either explicitly or by implication, that you have received the endorsement, sponsorship or support of any Focus on the Family Canada site or endorsement, sponsorship or support of the ministry of Focus on the Family Canada, including its respective employees, agents or directors.
THESE INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY:
- USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SITES
- USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) ANY SITE TO WHICH YOU HYPERLINK FROM OUR SITES
- FAILURE OF OUR SITES TO PERFORM IN THE MANNER YOU EXPECTED OR DESIRED
- ERROR ON OUR SITES
- OMISSION ON OUR SITES
- INTERRUPTION OF AVAILABILITY OF OUR SITES
- DEFECT ON OUR SITES
- DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OF OUR SITES
- COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE FAILURE
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING:
- DAMAGES INTENDED TO COMPENSATE SOMEONE DIRECTLY FOR A LOSS OR INJURY
- DAMAGES REASONABLY EXPECTED TO RESULT FROM A LOSS OR INJURY (KNOWN IN LEGAL TERMS AS "CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.")
- OTHER MISCELLANEOUS DAMAGES AND EXPENSES RESULTING DIRECTLY FROM A LOSS OR INJURY (KNOWN IN LEGAL TERMS AS "INCIDENTIAL DAMAGES.")
- WE ARE NOT LIABLE EVEN IF WE'VE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR IF OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR BOTH.
EXCEPTION: CERTAIN STATE LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW US TO LIMIT OR EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR THESE "INCIDENTAL" OR "CONSEQUENTIAL" DAMAGES. IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THOSE STATES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OBVIOUSLY WOULD NOT APPLY WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE THE RIGHT TO RECOVER THESE TYPES OF DAMAGES.
HOWEVER, IN ANY EVENT, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, INJURIES, AND CLAIMS OF ANY AND EVERY KIND (WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY NEGLIGLENCE OR OTHER WRONGFUL CONDUCT, OR THEY'RE CLAIMED UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY) WILL NOT BE GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO ACCESS OUR SITES.
All materials contained in the Focus on the Family Canada Web sites ("Online Material") are the copyrighted property of Focus on the Family Canada. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Focus on the Family Canada. No Online Material from our Web sites may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided that you
- retain all copyright, trademark and propriety notices,
- you make no modifications to the materials,
- you do not use the materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services, events or brands, and
- you do not download quantities of materials to a database, server, or personal computer for reuse for commercial purposes.
You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute our Online Material in any way or for any other purpose unless you get our written permission first. Neither may you add, delete, distort or misrepresent any content on the Focus on the Family Canada sites. Any attempts to modify any Online Material, or to defeat or circumvent our security features is prohibited.
Everything you download, any software, plus all files, all images incorporated in or generated by the software, and all data accompanying it, is considered licensed to you by Focus on the Family Canada or third-party licensors for your personal, non-commercial home use only. We do not transfer title of the software to you. That means that we retain full and complete title to the software and to all of the associated intellectual-property rights. You're not allowed to redistribute or sell the material or to reverse-engineer, disassemble or otherwise convert it to any other form that people can use.
When you request a resource we require that you provide us certain information that allows us to complete your transaction. This information is used to create a unique account within our Online Resource Center. Following account registration, a "cookie" is used to automatically identify you as a registered user when you are browsing the Online Resource Center.